Baker Hughes is an energy technology company. It takes energy forward – making it safer, cleaner, and more efficient for people and the planet. Baker Hughes develops and deploys the most advanced technologies to serve energy and industrial companies looking for more efficient, more reliable and cleaner solutions. Its diverse portfolio of technologies and solutions are transforming how industry works today and in the future. With operations in over 120 countries, Baker Hughes is not only global, it is local too.
The company works in partnership with their customers, wherever they are, to deliver better outcomes. Baker Hughes is proud that their employees and businesses are part of the fabric of the communities in which they work.
As part of the South African community, Baker Hughes is committed to Skills Development and transformation, and is looking for candidates to join their bursary programme administered by Feenix. For this bursary programme, Baker Hughes is looking for students studying Engineering (electrical, mechanical and mining), Accounting, and Sales and Marketing (see more on criteria below).
In addition to funding, students have the opportunity to gain industry experience through participating in vacation work.
Deadline for applications
Friday, 11 June 2021
WHO CAN APPLY
- Undergraduate and postgraduate students who are currently registered at one of the 26 South African public universities
- Candidates must have 2021 outstanding student debt only (no debt from previous years)
- South African citizens
- Second to final year students (no first-year students)
- Students must not be beneficiaries of NSFAS or any other bursary
- Students with family household income under R600 000 per annum*
- *Note: Baker Hughes employees and their children are exempt from the family household income criteria
- Students in the following fields of study
- Engineering (electrical, mechanical and mining)
- Sales and Marketing
WHAT THE BAKER HUGHES BURSARY PROGRAMME OFFERS:
- An opportunity to receive funding for the duration of your studies (everything on your fee statement will be covered such as tuition and accommodation expenses)
- Vacation work opportunities at Baker Hughes
- Employment opportunities at Baker Hughes
- Potential mentorship opportunities by experienced Baker Hughes employees
DOCUMENTS NEEDED FOR APPLICATION
- Academic transcripts (Academic records from 1st year until end of 2020)
- An official fee statement not older than 30 days on the university letterhead and/or stamped (Proof of Registration and Fee Quotations will NOT be accepted)
- A clear copy of your ID, certified and not older than 6 months*
- *Note: ID card copy to include both sides of card
- A motivation answering the questions “What makes you investment-worthy?” and “Why should we select you over other students?” (300 words max)
- If you are a student with a disability please include a completed EEA1 form & medical letter stating the nature of your disability (click here to download EEA1 form and here for an example of a completed form)
- Complete your application by Friday, 11 June 2021
- Successful applicants will be contacted via email and telephone (please keep an eye out for communication from us using the contact details below)